DEPARTMENT OF MEDICAL ONCOLOGY
The Medical Oncology department has been functioning as a separate unit in Maharashtra Government run state Cancer Hospital, Aurangabad since 2012. Medical Oncology Department has been treating many adult patients with different cancers coming from Maharashtra state and out of Maharashtra state. The Medical Oncology department has full time dedicated teaching faculties. The facilities provided by the department includes inpatient, outpatient, day care services, various treatments in the form of chemotherapy, radiotherapy, surgery, transfusions, emergency and intensive care services. Medical Oncology department has Out Patient Department (OPD) with adequate space and separate cabins for consultants, Adequate space with seating arrangement for patients, Separate waiting area for patients and relatives. Department also has Meeting hall, Demonstration rooms, well furnished Rooms for Teaching faculties, Resident doctors, Separate seating arrangement for non teaching and clerical staff. Department has 2 wards with 15 beds capacity each separate for male patients and female patients and 10 beds are also available for day care. 4 isolation rooms for neutropenic patients, 2 for female patients and 2 for male patients. Department also has 10 bedded well equipped Intensive care unit (ICU) with the facility of ventilators, Defibrillators and Multipara monitors. Outpatient services provided by the department are from Monday to Saturday from 9am to 5pm. A fully equipped procedure rooms for procedures like bone marrow aspiration and biopsy, central venous catheterization, lumbar puncture & intrathecal therapy, pleural and Ascitic tap are also available. The Medical Oncology department is planning to start DM Oncology course and Fellowship courses in near future.
Prof. Dr. P.S. Jirvankar
Designation : Professor
Qualification : MBBS, MD General Medicine
Experience Details : 30 years of total teaching experience after post-graduation and 3.5 years in medical oncology, Dr. Jirvankar is dedicated academician and popular for teaching undergraduates and postgraduates & has been working with this institute for last 3.5 years with special interest in Pulmonology, Critical care, Fiberoptic bronchoscopy, soft tissue and hematologic malignancies, lymphomas & Multiple myeloma. He is actively involved in Medical Education Unit, Curriculum committee, NAAC, MET. He is faculty for RCBW, CISP. He has more than 15 publications in national and international Journals and participated in many state and national conferences.
Dr. Darpan P. Jakkal
Designation : Associate Professor
Qualification :MBBS, MD General Medicine
Experience Details : Total teaching experience after post graduation is 11 years and 6 years in medical oncology, Dr.Jakkal is dedicated teacher & has been working with this institute for last 6 years with special interest in hematological malignancies and has been trained in TATA Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
DR. Kailas N. Chintale
Designation :Associate Professor
Qualification : MBBS, MD General Medicine
Experience Details : Total teaching experience after post graduation is 8 years and 3.5 years in Medical Oncology. Dr. Kailas has been working with this institute for last 3.5 years with special interest in lymphomas, Luekemias & Multiple myeloma.
- OPD Services
- Indoor patient services
- Day care Service
- 2 D Echocardiography
- Counselling sessions of patients and relatives
- Training Nursing Staff & Paramedical staff
- Education on cancer prevention
- Study of clinical profile and post BFM 90 induction outcome of adult acute lymphoblastic leukemias.
- Study of Clinical profile of Malignant pleural effusion in a Tertiary cancer institute.
- Clinico-biochemical profile of adult Tumor lysis syndrome patients.
- Clinico-microbiological profile of Febrile Neutropenia.
- Side effects profile of Adult Chronic Myeloid Luekemia patients in a tertiary cancer hospital.
- To Study the clinical profile, staging and international prognostic index (IPI) of adult Diffuse large B cell Lymphoma patients in a Tertiary Cancer institute.
- Clinical profile of infections in adult patients with Acute Leukemia admitted patients in a Tertiary cancer Hospital.
- Clinical profile of chronic lymhocytic leukemia in adult patients at tertiary cancer hospital.
- . Indian Journal of Path & Micro,"Protean manifestation of malaria.(Multiorgan dysfunction syndrome)"1996,39(5) : pg.473-476; S. H. Talib, A. Gaikwad, P. S. Jirwankar
- Indian Journal of Path & Micro;"Churg-Strauss Syndrome ‑ Clinicopathological aspects ‑ Report of a case" 1997,40(2) : pg 153-155, Talib S H, Jirvankar P S, Karhad B E, Verma G R, , Bhopale K S.
- Journal, Indian Academy of Clinical Medicine, "Case report -Obstructive Sleep Apnoea presenting with Myocardial Infarction and Cardiac Dysarrythmias " 2001, Vol.12, No.4, Oct-Dec., pg 320-323, S H Talib, B O Tayade, P Y Muley,P S jirvankar, Abdul Rafique, M Arshad
- JIACM,"Tropical Pyomyositis" 2003, Vol 4, No1, pg70,77; S H Talib, P S Jirwankar, M.Arshad , Amit Achaliya, Amit Patil, Sadaf Talib
- JAPI,"Clinical profile and prognostic factors of severe Falciparum Malaria in a Tertiary Care Hospital" 2013 , Vol 61: 769 ; Shailaja V Rao, P S Jirvankar, MV Sonawani, R S Bindu, V H Dubbe.
- Indian Journal of Applied Research,"Critical Illness Polyneuropathy complicating Weil's Disease" 2015, vol-5, issue-6, pg 1-3, Shailaja V Rao, Dr P S Jirvankar.
- Indian Journal Of applied research," Hallarman Streiff Syndrome-a case report" 2015, Vol 5 , issue 6, pg 43-44. Dr Prabhakar Shivshankar Jirvankar, Dr Shailaja Rao
- JAPI, "Tracheoesophageal Fistula Following Endotracheal Intubation For Organophosphorus Poisoning" 2016,Vol 64: 84-85 ; Shailaja V Rao, Ajay Boralkar, P S jirvankar, Mangala Sonawani, Varsha Rotte Kaginalkar,Chimu Chinte.
- Indian Journal Of applied Research,"Friedreisch's Ataxia- Presentation Of A Case" 2016, Vol-6, Issue 8, pg 37-38, Dr P S Jirvankar, Dr Kailash Chintale, Dr Mayur Nandvalkar, Dr Rohit Walse
- IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences(IOSR-JDMS), " The Incidence Of Device Associated infections, Casuative Microoganisms And Antibiotic Sensitivity Pattern in ICU", 2016, Vol 15, Issue 8 , Version X, Pg 40-48. Dr P S Jirvankar, Dr Dhiraj Gambhire.
- Global Journal For Research Analysis," Clinical Evaluation Of Patients Of Resistant Hypertension,2017, Vol 6, issue 5, pg 17-19. Dr Prabhakar Shivshankar Jirvankar, Dr. Sunil Patil, Dr. Aishwarya Jirwankar
- Global Journal Of Advanced research,"Study of dengue Fever Patients in Tertiary Care Hospital In Maharashtra"2017, Vol 4, issue 10, pg 308-316 , Dr P S Jirvankar, Dr Mayur Nandvalkar
- Indian Journal Of applied Research,"Study of Incidence Of Bleeding In Patients Of AMI AFTER THROMBOLYTIC Therapy" 2019,Vol 9, Issue 3, pg 1-2, Dr Prabhakar Jirvankar, Dr Hemant Nanda Chimote
- Indian Journal of Applied Research, "Liver and Renal Dysfunction in plasmodium falciparum Malaria" 2019,Vol 8, issue-10, pg 1-4, Harshal Joshi, Dr P S Jirvankar
- Int J Med Res Prof," Study of Hematological Parameters in Plasmodium Falcifarum Malaria In Tertiary Care Hospital" 2019, Sept 5(5): pg 20-25; Harshal Joshi, Prabhakar Jirvankar
- Indian Journal of Applied Research, "A Study Of Microalbuminuria In A Non Diabetic Hypertensive Patients" 2020,Vol 10, issue-9, pg 1-3, Dr Anoop Latne, Dr Prabhakar Jirvankar
- Study of co-relation of Incidence of various risk factors with type of stroke in young patients at tertiary rural health care centre , Authors: Sachin N. Solanke1, Kailas N. Chintale2** Solanke et al ASIAN PACIFIC JOURNAL OF HEALTH SCIENCES, 2015; 2(S): 1-10 , Asian Pac. J. Health Sci., 2015; 2(S): 1-10 e-ISSN: 2349-0659, p-ISSN: 2350-0964
- . clinical profile of organophosphorus poisoning patients at rural tertiary health care centre
Authors: Kailas N. Chintale1**, Sanjay S. chavan 2, Sanjay S. Chavan3, International Journal of Advances in Medicine , Chintale KN et al. Int J Adv Med. 2016 May; 3(2): xxx-xxx ,http://www.ijmedicine.com, pISSN 2349-3925 | eISSN 2349-3933